Have you ever unintentionally spilt oil on your carpet flooring? Have you really tried but failed to scrape it away? We realise how irritating this could be without any professional help.
Obviously, You didn’t want to ruin my pricey carpet by attempting to remove the spots. Regular vacuuming was ineffective because grease adhered to the fibre, necessitating expert cleaning.
Unfortunately, no matter how careful you are, little grease will wind up on your carpet; which can be very frustrating.
Grease causes unsightly stains that may be tough to remove. Unfortunately, if the spots are all around your office carpet, your company’s reputation may be jeopardised. Moreover, if you leave such grease splatters in your living room, your relatives might also not like it.
Fortunately, our experts are familiar with the most effective methods for removing even the most stubborn stains. We have presented a simple step-by-step process for removing grease stains from carpets in a very short amount of time. So, have a look at 3 Proven Home Remedies to Get Grease Out of Carpets below.
Here Are 3 Proven Home Remedies To Get Grease Out Of Carpets By Yourself
Here is a list of tried-and-true procedures for quickly removing rust & old grease stains. The majority of the components listed here are widely available in your house, inexpensive and typically non-toxic.
Our carpet cleaning professionals have gathered a list of tried-and-true procedures for quickly removing those rust & old grease stains. The majority of the components listed here are widely available in your house, inexpensive, and typically non-toxic.
Nevertheless, we advise you to wear safety equipment like work gloves & eyewear when cleaning your carpets to keep your hands tidy & your eyes safe from any projectiles.
1. Using Baking Soda
Many people are unaware that baking soda is among the most useful goods in their homes. Moreover, it is the best method among the 3 proven home remedies to get grease out of carpets. Baking soda absorbs oil molecules and dampness without further smudging or hurting your carpet. It also is cheap, so there’s no excuse not to go to work & eliminate the grease spot from the carpet. Baking soda is also suggested for grease stains since it is not toxic & will not affect your carpet, body, or the environment.
- Vacuum: Always begin by cleaning the carpeted area. If there’s dust and dirt around, you risk generating even more spots.
- Blot: Blot off as much oil as possible using a cloth or paper napkin. Ensure you don’t massage it or you’ll spread it.
- Sprinkle: a generous portion of baking soda all over the spot to thoroughly cover it.
- Let it sit for a while: Allow the baking soda to stand for up to 8 hours, or even overnight.
- Re-vacuum: Re-vacuum the afflicted area next morning.
2. Using Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol is a combustible and hazardous substance. You should take the required steps to ensure that you utilise this procedure in a well-ventilated environment and also that you thoroughly wash your hands afterwards. On the plus side, rubbing alcohol is readily available, most likely in your medical cabinet.
- Apply a bit of alcohol to a dry cloth & then gently rub it against the grease mark. You should observe that the greasy mark is absorbed by the alcohol-infused cloth.
- Repeat the technique till the spot grease has been completely absorbed by the fabric and is no visible any longer.
- Excess rubbing alcohol can be removed by soaking the towel in water & patting the freshly cleaned area. It should remove the odour as well as the rubbing alcohol deposit. Allow it to dry.
- Open all the windows to promote airflow and to get rid of the odour. Make sure that you do not use any deodorants on the carpet.
3. Using Dish Soap And Vinegar
These are common household cleaning items that you may use to eliminate greasy stains from your carpet. Because of its disinfecting and bleaching characteristics, vinegar was shown to be an excellent cleaning agent in tests and trials. The two items are very gentle on materials, causing minimal harm.
- To prepare the cleaning solution, combine one spoonful of vinegar and one spoonful of dish soap with two cups of lukewarm water. If you have one, pour the liquid into a spray bottle.
- Spray a small solution on the spot with a clean towel & dab using the towel.
- Repeat this procedure until the spots are gone.
- Wipe the surplus soap from the floor with a clean towel dipped in clean, lukewarm water.
Enjoy Your Freshly Cleaned And Spotless Carpet
One of these 3 proven home remedies to get grease out of carpets will definitely work for your carpets. As per our experts, you will be able to enjoy your stainless carpet after using these methods. Although, make sure to study a bit about your carpet fabric before using any of these methods. Apart from that, you can always contact professional carpet cleaners to help you out.